The manuscript should be an original research paper which sufficiently contributes novelty to sport education. Authors are requested to submit their papers electronically by using the Indonesian Journal of Sport Community (IJOSC) online submission procedure. The corresponding author should also provide a statement that the manuscript is not concurrently being under consideration for publication elsewhere. The Editors will ignore submissions that do not follow these procedures.
Structure of the manuscripts
- Title.The title should be clear and informative, and not more than 14 words.
- Author's names and institutions. The author's names should be accompanied by the author's institutions and email addresses, without any academic title. For a joint paper, one of the authors should be notified as the corresponding author.
- Abstract and keywords. The abstract should be less than 200 words. Abstract consist of aims, methods, and result. Please provide the abstract in both English and Indonesian versions. The keywords should be of 3 to 5 words or phrases.
- Introduction.This section explains the background of the study, a review of the previous researches in the area, and aims of the manuscripts. Importantly it should also show the significance and novelty of the research.
- Methods.This section describes the appropriate tools of analysis along with the data and their sources.
- Results and Discussion.This section explains the results of the study. It should be presented clearly and concisely. Author(s) should explore the novelty or the contribution of the work to the science education literature.
- Conclusion.This section concludes and provides policy implications, if any, of the study. The conclusion(s) should be at the same order with ones discussed in the body of the manuscript.
- References.This section lists only the papers, books, or other types of publications referred to in the body of the manuscript.
General Writing Format
- The manuscript is prepared in an A4 paper, double-sided, and single line spacing format. Using 11-size and Times-New-Romans font type.
- The manuscript is written in Indonesian or English.
- The manuscript should be between 12 to 15 pages long (5000-7000 words).
- The top and bottom margins are 2 cm, and the left and right are 3 cm.
- The title is written using capital letters only at first word or special name (example: location name), 12 font size, center position. The title are written using Sentence case style
- Subtitles are written using UPPERCASEBOLDstyle, 11 font size, starting from the left margin.
- Sub of subtitles, if any, are written using capital letters only at first word or special name. They should be started from the left margin.
- Sub of the sub of subtitles, if any, are written using capital letters only at the beginning of each word except for connecting words, all in italics. They should be started from the left margin.
- References should be those of the last ten years publication (>80%), except for key references (80%). Referring to any textbook should be minimized (<20%).
Specific Writing Format
- Equations and formula should be numbered as (1), (2)...etc appearing to their right.
- Estimation results from a software package are not allowed to be directly presented in the paper. They should be presented in summary tables.
Tables and Figures
Tables and figures should be presented as follows:
- The name of tables and figures should follow a numbering system (Arabic numbering system). The title of the tables and figures are placed at the top and the bottom respectively.
- The tables and figures should provide the source of information, if any, at the bottom.
- Any table should contain only heading and contents. The table contains row lines only without column lines. Note(s) and source(s) should be included underneath the table where appropriate.
Acknowledgment, if any, should be written as the foot-note of the manuscript's title.
Subjects and Authors Index
The authors should provide an index of subject, namely the specific terms in the manuscript. The authors should also provide the index of authors, namely the key authors of papers referred in the manuscript. Please write the family name followed by the given name.
Citation in the text body should be written using the family name and years of publication. Example:
- Hill (2001) suggests that the objective of depreciation is ...
- Inflation targeting would be sufficient (McCain, 1982).
- The definition of contagion is ... (Wagner, 1976; Rhonda 2009).
- The Authors are recommended to use Mendeley Reference software.
The manuscript is expected to involve approximately 20-25 primary and up-to-date references to assert high quality contributions to the knowledge development. Citations and references must strictly follow the APA (American Psychological Association) style. References should include only works that are cited within the text of the manuscript. Consulting the APA style manual (http://www.apastyle.org/pubmanual.html) is strongly recommended for completing manuscript submissions.
Manuscript should be prepared according to the following MS Word template:
How to send the manuscript
- The manuscript in microsoft word should be sent to the editor by clicking Online Submission tab on our Website.
2. A brief bio that contains full name, academic title, institution, telephone, mobile number, and others should be written in the fields of data when registering online in the website submission.
Taking into account the results of the peer reviewing process, the decision as to the acceptability of each manuscript for publication will be notified to the author(s) through the website system in the following alternative conclusions:
a. Accepted without revision, or
b. Accepted with minor revision, or
c. Accepted with major revision, or
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere,
- That its publication has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with Indonesian Journal of Sport Community (IJOSC) agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
Licensing for Data Publication
Indonesian Journal of Sport Community (IJOSC) use a variety of waivers and licenses, that are specifically designed for and appropriate for the treatment of data:
- Open Data Commons Attribution License, http://www.opendatacommons.org/licenses/by/1.0/ (default)
- Creative Commons CC-Zero Waiver, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/
- Open Data Commons Public Domain Dedication and Licence, http://www.opendatacommons.org/licenses/pddl/1-0/
Other data publishing licenses may be allowed as exceptions (subject to approval by the editor on a case-by-case basis) and should be justified with a written statement from the author, which will be published with the article.
Open Data and Software Publishing and Sharing
The journal strives to maximize the replicability of the research published in it. Authors are thus required to share all data, code or protocols underlying the research reported in their articles. Exceptions are permitted but have to be justified in a written public statement accompanying the article.